Our founder, J.R. "Pitt" Hyde III, started AutoZone with a commitment to philanthropy, a commitment that continues to be deeply rooted in our culture, and the tradition of giving back to the community has only increased.
Our charitable giving work includes grant programs, active civic leadership, and volunteerism with a focus on five pillars that we believe best address poverty overall:
- Health and Wellness: Improving health and wellbeing through affordable healthcare options and preventative healthcare methods
- Education and Youth Development: Fostering youth from the cradle to their career with enhanced education opportunities
- Community Development: Advancing the community through place-based development and social services
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: Highlighting community initiatives that provide diverse and inclusive objectives and spaces
- Arts and Culture: Supporting access to the Arts and a wide variety of cultural experiences