Our founder, J.R. "Pitt" Hyde III, started AutoZone with a commitment to philanthropy, a commitment that is deeply rooted in our culture.
Our charitable efforts include grant programs, active civic leadership, and volunteerism with a focus on five strategic pillars:
- Health and Wellness: Improving health and wellbeing through affordable healthcare options and preventative healthcare methods.
- Education and Youth Development: Fostering youth from the cradle to their career with enhanced education opportunities.
- Community Development: Advancing the community through place-based development and social services.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: Highlighting community initiatives that provide diverse and inclusive objectives and spaces.
- Arts and Culture: Supporting access to the Arts and a wide variety of cultural experiences
Learn more about AutoZone’s most current community efforts in our Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Report.